In the United States, people make a conscious effort to give back to society. Most Americans want to contribute to the betterment of the world in some way. This culture has been much appreciated, and imitated too, by the rest of the world.
The US has some of the largest charities in the world. Below is a list of some of the biggest names in charities. If you are looking for a new charity to support, you should definitely consider one of the following organizations.
Learn More About The Top Charities In The U.S.
In the social service category, the best organizations that you can donate to are Habitat for Humanity International, Doctors Without Borders – USA, and Feeding America. All of these aid agencies do excellent work in the world. In fact, Feeding America not only provides hunger relief to more than 46 million people, it also runs a program to educate people about hunger and poverty.
The Institute of International Education charity is one of the top 100 charities in the world. Its noteworthy programs include Central Europe Summer Research Institute (CESRI) and Women’s Enterprise for Sustainability.
Some Other Charities Also Worth Donating To
- YMCA of the USA – The YMCA works to give care to young children and teenagers and is one of the top charities to donate to.
- Food for the Poor – This organization works for relief and development in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Goodwill Industries International – Through the ‘Donate Movement’ program, Goodwill distributes donated used goods.
- American Cancer Society – Donated funds go towards research and cancer awareness programs.
- The Nature Conservancy – The aim of this charity is to protect nature all over the globe.
- Direct Relief – Direct Relief dispenses essential medical care and manages a program called Medical Reserve Corps.
Based In America But Doing Good Worldwide
There are a number of organizations all over the world that support hundreds and thousands of different causes. A donor should choose a charitable foundation whose cause touches the heart.
Many of the charities mentioned above have grown beyond geographical and economic boundaries, with good reason. The largest non-profit organizations in the world have reached that status by managing their duties with care and competence.
Why Donate To One Of These Charities?
By donating to the top charities, you can be assured that your money is making some difference. The management of the top charities hold themselves accountable for the work they do, and their hard work and care is evident.